Authoring House Logo Specification Not Needed
Authoring Houses have an option to obtain or not to obtain FLLA licenses, depends on whether you wish to use Blu-ray Disc Logo or need to obtain Blu-ray Disc Specification books.
All those authoring houses intending to purchase an “off-rack” tool and engage in simple authoring task only and wish not to use Blu-ray Disc Logo, may opt not to obtain a Commercial Audiovisual Content License. However, non-licensed authoring houses are required to do the followings in order for theirs customers to be able to use Blu-ray Disc Logo on their contents;
You must send all your authored data to one of our FLLA licensed replicator, who passed the mandatory First Product Model Verification (FPMV) under an appropriate Profile of Commercial Audiovisual Content (CAV) . Please go to http://blu-raydisc.info/licensee-list/rom-certified-licenseelist.php under “BD-ROM Media Licensee (who have passed and Commercial Audiovisual Content Verification) List” to see which replicators passed the FPMV under CAV (Profile 1.1. for 2D, Profile 2.0 for BD-Live, Profile 5.0 for 3D).
- You must let the replicator know that you are not a FLLA licensee, as the replicators are required to do the “Self-Test” using the mandatory Test Tools before they can replicate such contents
Please note that any authoring houses intending to be engaged in rather sophisticated BD-ROM authoring are encouraged to obtain Commercial Audiovisual Content License and actually study the relevant BD-ROM2 and/or BD-ROM3 spec books.
By obtaining Commercial Audiovisual Content License, in addition to the access to the spec books there are two other advantages.
- BD-ROM Media is required to go through verification and is a responsibility of the disc replicator. However BD-ROM Media FLLA licensees shall not be responsible for verification if such Commercial Audiovisual Content is authored by the Commercial Audiovisual Content BD-ROM FLLA licensee, who have completed the verification themselves.
- Only those authoring houses obtaining Commercial Audiovisual Content license are permitted to use official BD logo in their advertisement and promotion of their authoring services.
All those authoring houses intending to purchase an “off-rack” tool and engage in simple authoring task only, may opt not to obtain a Commercial Audiovisual Content License. However, non-licensed authoring houses are required to do the followings in order for theirs customers to be able to use BD Logo on their contents;
- A content authored by non-licensed authoring house must be send to the BD-ROM Media FLLA licensee who has passed the verification under Commercial Audiovisual Content themselves.
- The appropriate FPMV Certified Media FLLA licensed replicator must do the “Self-Test” using the mandatory Test Tools before they are allowed to replicate such BD contents.
- For more information on necessary Licensing and requirements, please go to ROM Disc Manufacturers and Content Owners Related Information.